CARLSBAD CALIFORNIA HOTELS | OCEAN PALMS BEACH RESORT | BEACH HOTEL IN CARLSBAD CA
Effective Date: June 11, 2018
We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personally-identifiable information by email. Your continued use of this site after we revise this Policy is deemed to be acceptance of the revisions, so please check this page from time to time for updates.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
- We may collect the following information: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Billing Address, Phone Number, Dietary Requests, IP, Credit Card Number, Birthdays, Anniversary, Cookies;
- We use the information that you provide us only for the purpose(s) for which you specifically provided it or for specific additional purposes for which we receive your prior consent;
- We do not share any information you provide us with anyone outside of our hotel and its affiliates, except for suppliers who assist us in maintaining and managing the activities on our sites. These suppliers are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of any information we provide them, including your information. We may use a technology called “cookies” to enhance your experience on our sites.
- We employ appropriate security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of any information you provide us; and
- We provide you with choice and control over the collection and use of any personally identifiable information that you provide us on-line, and a means for updating, correcting or removing this information.
We only collect personally identifiable information on a voluntary basis. We do not require that you provide this information to gain access to our sites, and we do not require you to disclose more information than is reasonably needed to participate in an activity on our sites. We collect personally identifiable information primarily to e-mail updates and news, for entry into promotions and to notify subsequent winners, to send out brochures, etc. via regular mail to subscribers, and to respond to your questions or suggestions. We do not sell any information we gather at our web sites to anyone outside of our hotel, and its affiliates. We do not transfer or disclose any information we gather at our web sites to anyone outside of Ocean Palms Beach Resort, and its affiliates, without your prior consent, except (1) in cases where we believe in good faith that we have a legal obligation to disclose such information, and (2) to certain suppliers that assist Ocean Palms Beach Resort, and its affiliates, in maintaining and managing the activities on its web sites. Please be assured that these suppliers are legally obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information and do not acquire any rights to use your information for their own benefit. We may share non-identifiable aggregate information about our users (for example, the % of male and female visitors to our sites) with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties in an effort to customize or enhance the content and advertising on our sites for our users.
Visitors to our website: When someone visits our Website we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting any of our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
|Google Analytics||_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|Server side web analytics cookie||ASP.NET_SessionId||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.|
|Server side web analytics cookie||VisitorLocationID*||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.|
|Internet booking engine progression cookie||jsaction||This cookie is set by our internet booking engine platform to record the visitor’s progression during the booking process. This cookie is deleted when a user closes their browse|
|Internet booking engine multiple room cookie||teasermultiroomversion||This cookie is used to record that users have initiated a multiple room booking.It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We employ appropriate security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. For our Ocean Palms Beach Resort family of sites, we employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input, as an additional security measure. However, as no on-line data transmission can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we (like all web sites) cannot warrant or guarantee 100% security of any information you transmit to us at our web sites.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Neither Ocean Palms Beach Resort, nor any of its affiliates, shall have any responsibility of any nature whatsoever for other web sites linked to this web site, or any information contained thereon, none of which has been verified or endorsed by either Ocean Palms Beach Resort or any of its affiliates.
Our site is not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 16. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child under the age of 16, that information will be promptly deleted from our database, unless it is necessary to retain it for legal purposes.
If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to us, he or she can contact us via e-mail. We will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 16. Please note that it is possible some of this information may remain archived in web logs and back-up archives after we delete the information from our active database.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
We will not share any personal data with third-parties for their direct marketing purposes to the extent prohibited by California law. If our practices change, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws and will notify you in advance. California law requires that operators of online services disclose how they respond to a Do Not Track signal. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. We do not currently respond to Do Not Track signal.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the information, including personal information, to the United States and process it there, if there is a legal basis for us to do it.
EU USERS’ RIGHTS
- Your GDPR rights to be informed, to access, rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information. You have the right to receive free information about what personal data we have obtained about you, where it is stored, for how long, for what purposes it is used, to whom it was disclosed. You have the right to require that we, without undue delay, rectify of inaccurate personal data concerning you. That means you can request we change your personal data in our records, or have you incomplete personal data completed. You have the “right to be forgotten,” i.e. to have us delete your personal information, without undue delay, if the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected. However, GDPR gives us the right to refuse erasure if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for keeping your information.
- GDPR gives you the right to restrict processing if any of the following applies:If you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict processing it for a period enabling us to verify its accuracy.
ii. The processing is unlawful and you oppose its erasure and request instead the restriction of its use.
iii. We no longer need your personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require us to restrict processing for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
iv. You have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
- Right to data portability. Upon request, we will provide you your personal data in our possession, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You have the right to transmit that data to another controller if doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
- Right to object. You can object, on grounds relating your particular situation, at any time, to processing of your personal information, if based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR. We will then have to stop processing, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will have to stop processing for these purposes.
- Right to withdraw consent. GDPR grants you the right to withdraw your earlier given consent, if any, to processing of your personal data at any time.
- Rights related to automated decision making. As a responsible business, we do not rely on any automated decision making, such as profiling.
We retain your personal data for as long as your account is active or for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise permitted or required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our rights. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
2950 Ocean St, Carlsbad CA 92008